Monday, May 26, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl

Some days, I think that Jocelyn feels that she 'owns' me. DominicsMom will often move to pick her up, feed her, etc. She will often be met with a "No Mommy! Daddy do it!" (Although it comes out a bit more slurred than that.) Sometimes it happens when DominicsMom goes to feed her, pick her up, change her, or put her down for a nap. No problem, I can do all those. Today, DominicsMom went to change a poopy diaper and she got a "No Mommy! Daddy!" I had to insist that Joss listen to her mother and let Mommy change the diaper.

Sometimes I think Joss gets a little jealous when I pick up Dominic. Sometimes she screams and insists on me picking her up too. Yesterday, I had him in my arms and she started to scream. So I bent down and picked her up, ending up with one kid in each arm. As I straightened up, Joss tried to push Dominic out of my arms. It wasn't enough that I was holding her, but she wanted me all to herself! What a stinker!

Today, Dominic crawled into my lap while I sat on the couch. Jocelyn soon noticed and waddled over to me and she started to scream, "My lap! My lap!" (Or, "Moi lapt! Moi lapt!") I pulled her onto my lap with each kid straddling one leg. It was not enough for her and she tried to push Dominic out. Fortunately, she soon calmed down and I was able to sit with both of them.

Dominic has his own preferences too. We are still in the habit of lying down in the bed with him and singing him to sleep, but he definitely prefers DominicsMom to tuck him in at night. In fact, when informed that it is my turn to tuck him in, I usually get a "Awww! I want Mommy!" or an "Ahhh maaan!"

DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: