Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Car Wash

I finally did something that I haven't done since I left home, I washed my own car by hand. It used to be a regular ritual, DominicsUncle Lee and I would wash the family car. We even started the old fashion way, DominicsPapa Tom asked us if we wanted to do something fun. And it was fun the first time...

So in time honored tradition, I asked both kids, "Do you both want to do something fun?"

They both watched eagerly as I brought the hose around, filled the bucket with soap and water, and located several rags.



Dominic is old enough that he at least has the concept straight. He would rinse his rag off and wash down the car. I had to prompt him the first few times, but after that he would rinse off his rag with 'fresh' water and keep scrubbing down the car. I did wince a little when I caught him scrubbing a tire and then moving on to a door. Dominic will need to work on his technique a bit as he generally only scrubbed stuff that was chest high to him. Anything else was like, work.



I didn't give Jocelyn a rag, so she managed the bucket for us (you can see her trying to move it as we shifted around the car.) She also tried to fill it as the water level became low, but she wasn't strong enough to press down on the nozzle.


I think the part that the kids enjoyed the most was when I first wet down the car. And them. They also enjoyed playing in the mud created. Notice the white sleeves on Dominic's shirt. They aren't white now. Joss managed to wipe the mud all over her chest.

DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: