Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dominic Rides Again

Dominic has finally indicated a willingness to ride his bike again. We bought it for him for his birthday, but he wasn't too sure about it. After a couple of falls, he decided he didn't want to ride it and preferred his trike. So he's been riding the trike for the last few months while his best friend Brianna would come over on her bike. The other day Dominic asked for his "big boy bike" and DominicsMom took him out on it. He was still a bit hesitant, but we could see his confidence grow throughout the ride.

Today he and I were outside when he asked to ride his bike again. I took him out and he made remarkable progress. By the end of his ride, I didn't have to stand next to him the whole time and he was pedalling, turning, and braking on his own. Our cul-de-sac has a little incline to it and so he tends to pick up speed as he heads towards its exit, so I make sure I'm down there when he needs to turn around. He's almost run into a couple of parked cars or the curb as his confidence is up enough to take turns at a decent clip. He just has to remember to look up and watch where he is going!

Something DominicsMom is always harping on me when I drive...

DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: