Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Dominic's Fishing Expedition

DominicsMom related another story about Dominic today:

Did I tell you, the other night I was trying to put Jocelyn down so that I could take my time tucking Dominic in. Anyway, I was rocking Jocelyn to sleep and realized that Dominic had been playing in his room by himself for about 10 minutes. Way too long for me not to hear even one, “Mommmeeeee”. So, I went to peek in on him….When he saw me, he threw the fake water-tree back into the fish bowl! Needless to say, there was water everywhere (not too bad). I think he was playing with the marbles. I’m sure the fish was traumatized, but it is still alive!! Dominic’s arms were wet, his bed had splashes, the carpet had splashes, there was a trail down the wall and even his face and hair were a little wet. I knew it was too quiet!!!

When I asked if he had a guilty expression on his face when she caught him:

Yes, he did.. And he was so cute, I couldn’t really be mad. So, I explained very nicely that we weren’t supposed to touch the fish’s water. Not really sure he understood.

I was laughing pretty hard when she told me this. Let me explain a bit about where his fishbowl is, but first some background. Dominic developed an interest in fish & sea creatures in general pretty early. In the UTC Mall, one of the vendor stalls sells fishbowls that you can hang on the wall. They are of a hemi-spherical design and hold about a gallon of water. They are about the right size for 1 or 2 smaller fish and we bought him a very colorful Beta fish. He loved it. Knowing that he would want to touch the fish bowl, we hung it rather high up so that he could not easily reach it. However, we put hung it up before we put his bed in the room. When the bed was put into his room, he could then reach the fishbowl by standing on the bed, so that is where DominicsMom caught him standing, reaching into the fishbowl!

DominicsDad, in Djibouti

EDIT: DominicsMom caught Dominic in the fishbowl again. He got a little scolding this time. Next time DominicsMom may have to move the fishbowl a bit higher up so that he cannot reach it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

6/09/2006 12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

7/22/2006 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: