Friday, April 21, 2006

Sending Movies Home

DominicsMom sent me a webcam, which I am trying to get set up so that we can chat and see each other through the miracle that some call the Internet. While messing around with the webcam, I made a couple of quick movies (they had to be short, the size gets big very quickly) and e-mailed them home. The first movie was simply me saying hello, I love you. For the second movie, I had to get a bit more creative. So I grabbed an Easter egg (one of the ones from the Boy Scouts) and opened it on camera, showing the candy inside. DominicsMom sent me this reply:

It played well, but Dominic actually enjoyed the 2nd movie better. He wanted the candy that you held up. He said, “Here, here.” While holding out his hand…meaning he wanted you to give it to him. Then he kept saying,”daddy” because he wanted me to play it for him again. He was very excited to see you…it almost made me cry.

I thought this was great, so I told my XO the story and he in turn related a story to me about his son:

His son also has come to really like chocolate, having had the opportunity to have some at Easter. My XO was talking to his wife last night when she told him that their son was tip-toeing into the kitchen, being very quiet. She then asked him what he was doing. He replied, “Don’t know. Candy!”

Little minds do think alike…

DominicsDad

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

6/09/2006 12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

7/22/2006 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: