Sunday, July 22, 2007

Been Busy

It has been 3 weeks since I've posted, but I've been busy. I ordered and received a new computer just after Independence Day. It is a nice computer, but it came loaded with Windows Vista. Vista is just not ready for prime-time in my opinion. While I did not have too many problems with the OS, I had a lot of problems installing all the normal computer programs that I use. A large percentage of them were not compatible with Vista, requiring a patch or upgrade. Of course, the program vendor wants money for the upgrade and after having spent big bucks on the computer, I did not want to spend a lot of money on replacement software (so in retrospect, my beef was not so much with Vista as with the requirement to get a LOT of new software.)

So I went back to Windows XP. All this took about a week and a half. Once I got going with XP, it took about a week to get it where I wanted it... Yep, that was a long time, but I'm only able to work on the computer for an hour or two in the evenings after the kids go to bed.

So I'm still behind and have a lot of photos to sift through, organize, and post. It will be slow work this week as DominicsAunt Laurie, Uncle Andy, and Cousin Jake are in town. I also leave for my two (three) week annual training for Reserves next weekend. So as much as I am behind, I probably won't be able to get too much done...

Over the last month, the kids saw fireworks on July 4th, we went to the Wild Animal Park, and Dominic went to Legoland. Here's a small taste:

Dominic and Joss check out the animals at the Wild Animal Park.

Feeding the Parakeets. DominicsDad has a lot of them!


Joss isn't too sure about that feather-covered creature.


Dominic gets eaten by a shark at Legoland.

DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: