Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cole vs the Watermelon

DominicsUncle Lee relates this story about DominicsCousin Cole and his introduction to watermelon. (Ok, the title of this post doesn't make any sense, but I was at a loss for words...)

Cole recently discovered the joys of watermelon, and in the last 2 weeks has devoured a watermelon twice his size. He usually double-fists stuffing pieces into his mouth, and doesn't worry about chewing the first piece - he just continually stuffs the melon in his face. We were at Sweet Tomatoes (our local version of Fresh Choice) and he finished the watermelon on his plate. Before we can get more, we look down and he is face first in his plate, sucking the juice off the plate....ahhhh - definitely my son!

He did get very confused though when Rebecca stuck a slice in my mouth, and I stuck half of it out of my mouth.. guess it looked a lot like my tongue because he didn't want to bite it at first. Then he did and slurped it up, and then he kept opening my mouth with his hands so he could peer in and either (1) see if more watermelon was inside, or (2) to verify he didn't just eat Dad's tongue...


Cole's doublefisting technique of stuffing the watermelon into his mouth does sound a bit like Jocelyn's habit of stuffing a too big bite of food into her mouth. I guess they are related!!

DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: