Monday, June 25, 2007

A Little CopyCat

This evening I was looking at pictures with Jocelyn and Dominic before they went to bed . After awhile Dominic wanted to watch a couple of Thomas the Tank Engine episodes on the computer (he begged and begged and begged and we gave in. We know better...) Joss went to read a book with DominicsMom. After the second episode was over, I told Dominic that Thomas was over and I stopped the video and shut down the computer. Dominic wasn't too happy and we had a meltdown on our hands as he began to wail, tears appearing in his eyes. I picked him up and put his head on my shoulder as he continued to cry.

Jocelyn stood up from where she had been reading on the bed with DominicsMom and wandered over to see what was going on. She looked over at the computer with its dark screen and said, "Ma? Ma?" This is her phrase for "More more!" (She wanted to look at more photos.) Joss looked back at me and I told her "No more..." I wasn't loud or harsh, just matter of fact. Joss looked at Dominic, still crying on my shoulder and decided that perhaps Dominic had it right. Her face screwed up and she sat down on the bed and began to cry. She then stood up and tottered over to me, hands in the air and I picked her up too. At this point I had both kids with their heads on my shoulders, wailing and crying... DominicsMom and I could not help but laugh as both kids slowed their wails to faint snuffling...



Dominics "the Grinch" Dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: