Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Toilet Training Progress

Dominic continues to do well...

(Ok, I have to break here. I'm typing this while DominicsMom listens to the weather on Channel 9. The weatherman is John Coleman, a fixture at the station for however many years. He's an older gentleman who has developed his own, particular, style of delivering the weather forecast. "Kay Youuuuuu S I...." he intones as he delivers the station call sign. Then his annoying delivery and lately he plays music which he dances to... Often, before the weather forecast begins, he gives a weather teaser before the TV goes to a break. He usuallys says, "No flipping!" I immediately change the channel when I hear this... DominicsMom likes to watch this channel to just annoy me as she loves the pained expressions that I make when I'm forced to watch.)

Sorry, had to get that off my chest as I sit here getting dummer as I listen to the weather. (EDIT: see? I was getting dumber as I listened as I forgot how to spell...)

Ok, after our big push this weekend, we were worried how the little guy would do at pre-school. Monday, DominicsMom talked to his teachers and they said just send him to school in his little boy underwear (we had him in diapers on this day.) So today (Wednesday) was the first day he went to school without a diaper. He made it the whole day without an accident! Dominic came home wearing the same underwear and sweat pants he left in! We were so proud of him. He also did really well when he came home this evening, going pee twice on his own (once was to delay going to bed...)

He's getting to be such a big boy now! We still put him in a diaper for bedtime, but hopefully we can begin to work on that one soon.

Joss is doing really well too. She is crawling like a demon (except for the few times that we put her in a dress and she keeps tripping over it - then she just sits and demands to be held) and she should hopefully be walking soon. She is eating more and more solid food and has taken a dislike to baby food (it may be that she prefers to feed herself now and does not want us to do it, we are not sure.) It's great fun to watch her expression as she tries something new. She seems to like a lot of different things, hopefully she keeps that up and does not get as picky as Dominic is.

Must go, there are bottles to wash and sippy cups to put in the dishwasher.

DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: