Monday, September 08, 2008

Bed Time Stories

Jocelyn has started to figure out that she can crawl out of her bed. We have an extra high and long bed rail on her bed and there is not as much room at the foot of the bed for her to squeeze out. (She is used to climbing off of Dominic’s bed, using his rail as a handy foot or hand hold.)

This actually bodes a bit ill for us, as she sometimes takes a long time to fall asleep at night. It took Dominic almost a year after he made the transition from crib to bed to realize he could crawl out of his bed. Then for six months we had to put up with him peaking out of his door, turning on the lights to play more, looking for a drink of water, or just making ‘another trip to the potty’. He still sometimes does this. I can see that going on for a year with Jocelyn as she is a bit more hard-headed than Dominic.

Twice last week in the morning Joss has climbed down out of her bed. She did it after calling for us and we caught her doing it as we stumbled bleary-eyed into her room. She just wanted to let us know that she was awake and that we ought to come get her. We must not have been moving quickly enough to suit her.

Our bed gets awful tiny with all four of us squeezed onto it. Half the time I do not realize that Dominic has crawled into bed with us.

========================================================

Last Saturday it was DominicsMom’s turn to sleep in (to all of 8am). I was downstairs with Jocelyn when I heard Dominic stirring, so I went upstairs to bring him down. As I was walking up the stairs, I saw him go into our room. As I walked into the room, he was crawling into bed. Not at the foot of the bed, or on my side, but he climbed right over DominicsMom who was trying desperately to get some more sleep. As he finished, I quietly called out to him, “Lets go downstairs!” He replied, OK! And then climbed right back over DominicsMom so that he could get down. I had to laugh as I heard DominicsMom groan in distress.

DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: