Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Because..."

This afternoon I picked the kids up from day care and drove home, as is becoming our new routine. I pulled Jocelyn out of the car and then walked down the street to our mailbox. Joss insisted on being carried, so I obliged her.

As I walked towards the mailbox, I noticed that she appeared a little upset. So I asked her, "Jocelyn, are you angry?"

"Yeees" she replied quietly.

"Are you angry at Daddy?"

"Yesss" she said again.

"Why are you angry at Daddy?"

"Because..." she said in a very small voice.

I had to stifle a laugh at the way she said it in such a small voice. It was the first time I had heard her use 'because' as a reply, but I am pretty used to it as it is a stock Dominic answer. Try as I might, I could not get a straight answer out of her. So I distracted her with the mail and she was soon off and running. Jocelyn has started to talk a LOT. She will just rattle on and on and on.

I ask how she is doing at school when I pick her up. Today her teacher replied that she is talking a lot more. She is getting more comfortable and starting to open up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dominic on the other hand is the typical boy. "What did you do at school?"

"Nothing."

Did you play at recess? Yes. Who did you play with? I don't know.

Getting information out of him is like pulling teeth!

DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: