Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Pre-School Tales

Dominic started pre-school on a Monday on 11 Sept, beginning just before I flew home. He went for a visit a week before and was really excited to go to his first day of school. He was happy on Monday and Wednesday (he only goes Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays, the days DominicsMom works) and I arrived home on Thursday, so I had him Friday. I took him back to school on Monday for his third day and he was excited to go. But when I began to leave, he began to tear up and ran up to me and hugged me and begged me not to go. It tore my heart but I had a lot of errands to run before reporting back to the drill center the next day. Ever since, he has had a rough time in the mornings as he is dropped off. Things have begun to get better lately and hopefully he will stop crying entirely when we drop him off. I get to drop him off again tomorrow, we are going to try to drop him off a bit later when his favorite teacher has arrived.

Once he is there for a bit, he gets into school and has a great time. He is doing all sorts of crafts, plays outside during recess, and generally gets to do a lot of stuff with the other kids in his class (there are around 8-10 of them.) Here are some pictures of the stuff he has done. Some we are hanging up, but unfortunately the others get circular filed after awhile to make room for more. If you want some, let us know! I'll try to post pictures of all of them before they are 'filed'.
I believe this was his first one.

Every kid ought to have a pet rock (this has been already 'filed' I believe.)

An interesting collage of paper and glue.

DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: