Friday, February 06, 2009

Growing Up Quick

Jocelyn must be in a hurry to grow up quickly. Last week she pitched a fit as I was changing her for bed. She wanted to wear her underwear instead of a diaper to bed. I was hesitant as she hasn't been out of diapers for very long, but she normally has a dry diaper in the morning (but when its wet, oh boy...) That night I didn't give in.

Last night she refused to wear a diaper again. She wanted to wear underwear like a big girl. It took Dominic quite awhile before he transitioned into wearing underwear to bed. Finally I broke down and told her ok, but she had to go to the bathroom before she went to bed. She baulked at this, but I told her, "No bathroom, no underwear." Luckily, Joss accepted this and went off to the bathroom. While she was gone, I placed a waterproof pad under her matress pad in case there was an accident.

The next morning I anxiously checked on her, but she was dry! Tonight she also refused a diaper, but more readily went to the bathroom (where she almost fell in...) So it looks like she is taking another step forward!

DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: