Monday, December 10, 2007

Hanging in the Tent

On Sunday I built Dominic a tent out of two chairs, a blanket, and a pillow. He had a great time hanging out and playing with his new etch-a-sketch. A little later, Jocelyn woke up and I brought her downstairs. She liked what she saw, wiggled out of my lap, and crawled into the tent to join Dominic. He was agreeable as she lay down next to him and they both shared one cream pillow (which Dominic had absconded with from the couch.) After a bit, Joss became a bit restless and decided that she wanted the pillow, that the blanket was in her eyes, and that Dominic took too much of the pillow, so she needed to remove him from the pillow. Naturally, Dominic objected to all of her notions and a fight started...

I was able to diffuse the situation by giving Joss her own pillow and I was thus able to take the following picture. They actually played that way for 10 minutes! I was amazed at the temporary peace and quiet.

Then Joss decided she wanted the blue etch-a-sketch, but Dominic had it first and wouldn't let go...



DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: