Wednesday, March 12, 2008

First Days at School!

Jocelyn went to pre-school for the first time Tuesday morning. She woke a bit grumpy and tired, I think that she hadn't finished adjusting from the time change and just didn't want to get up (she was a little better today.) I ended up taking her in as DominicsMom was still feeling under the weather. Both kids were actually eager to get in the car together and we had a merry little ride to their school.

Once we parked, I held their hands as we all walked in. Dominic was very excited to show off his little sister and he immediately announced to the class that it was Jocelyn's first day. Early in the morning as the kids trickle in, they all go to one of the classrooms to play until the school day starts. So Dominic introduced Joss all around and then I introduced her to the teacher on duty. She was very excited and did not try to hide behind me, but immediately went into the room to play.

After I signed both kids in, I peaked back into the room. She was standing around watching the other kids. I called to her and she waved bye. She did look a little sad, but she always looked a little sad when I would leave her at her home day care with Leonie. So I left and there was no crying or running after me (like Dominic did his first few times...)

DominicsMom picked them both up and Jocelyn's teacher reported that she had a really good day and she did what all the other kids did. Which must have been to roll around in the dust all day as her jacket came back completely filthy. Joss ate well and she went down without a problem for a nap.

Today DominicsMom dropped off both kids with out a problem. I picked them up and found the following in Jocelyn's cubby:

She already had her first boo-boo at school! But it looked like she shook it off and went back to play! That's my girl!
DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: