Monday, October 22, 2007

2300 Fires

Not much has changed for us. Almost everyone to the north and east of us has been evacuated. The fires are still quite a ways away from us, but have dominated our thoughts all day. The Witch Creek fire is the big one and has burned 125000 acres in the county. The I-15 was closed most of the day as well as the I-8 in East county.

We haven't been able to let the kids outside due to the poor air quality. They have been very good, but being kept indoors the whole day, they are starting to get a bit wild. Tomorrow promises to be fun...


I have not posted in quite awhile. I've been having some computer problems, the computer would freeze 2-4 times each day, requiring a reboot, before finally settling down. I finally found the issue (a bad memory slot), but not before I had to reformat and reinstall Windows three times. Unfortunately, during one reformat I ended up losing my data partition and all of my pictures that had not been sorted, named, and filed. Bummer. It then took me a week of attempting to recover this pictures (tough to do after a couple of formats...) But now I'm back up and running...
DominicsDad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You are visitor number: